1. For any rental of yachts, the lessee must first pay half of the rent as deposit to confirm the rental period. The balance must be paid in full 7 days prior to the departure of the yacht. Deposits will not be refunded upon any cancellation.
2. If the actual number of guests boarding the yacht exceeds the number listed on the contract, the lessor is entitled to refuse the exceeding number of guests to board… Or to charge on each of the extra number of guests without providing additional quantity of food and beverage. If the actual number of guests boarding is less than the number listed in the contract, the lessor is not required to make any refunds.
3. If the lessee did not show up two hours after the scheduled time without notifying the lessor, the rental will be automatically cancelled and all payments will not be refunded. If the lessee wishes to return the yacht earlier, no compensations will be made for the remaining time left. For extension of rental time, the lessor should be contacted for arrangement as soon as possible. If the charge for overtime has not been predetermined, calculations will be made according to the lessor.
4. Except for the contact person of the lessee, all other persons do not have the authority to change any of the lease agreements unless the lessee has given prior notice to the lessor to change the contact person. All additional charges arising from overtime and extra items shall be settled directly with AirYacht Company Limited in accordance with the payment agreement in the contract, crew members on board will not be liable for any cash payment.
5. The rental time starts when the yacht arrives at the pier (including the waiting time to dock) and it ends when all passengers and their carried items have left the yacht upon its return.
6. If there are any mechanical problems with the yacht prior to sailing and the owner failed to fix it timely, the lessor will notify the lessee soonest possible for a reschedule or make a replacement with a similar yacht or refund all rental fees.
7. If mechanical problems happened during the trip, the captain will make his best effort to return the lessee or passengers in a safe way. If the actual used time exceeds half of the rental time or the yacht has already arrived at the destination, there will be no make up schedule. If make up schedule is required, it can only be done on non-holidays of the same year or a pro-rata refund according to the rental fee and unused hours.
8. All yachts have purchased relevant insurances as required by the Hong Kong Shipping Ordinances. Yet passengers are responsible for their own personal safety protection and carried properties. The lessor will not be responsible for any thefts or injuries happened onboard, but can arrange to report to police upon request.
9. If passengers will bring or rent other companies and its electronics (eg. speakers, DJ systems, photography equipment). Please notify the lessor during the rental process in order to obtain consent from the lessor so that arrangements can be made.
10. Please keep the yacht neat, trash should be placed in garbage bins and do not litter in the ocean. If any passengers do not feel well, seek help from staff members on board. If damages on the yacht are made by passenger’s puking or any unreasonable acts, $2000HKD will be collected as a cleaning fee.
11. Soft drugs are not allowed on board at any time, if found, law enforcements will be called and all rental payments will not be refunded.
12. The lessee should make sure that all equipment (including those that were brought on board by passengers) are used according to the code of law. If there are any breaching of the law that causes any property damage, injuries or fatalities, the lessee will be fully responsible for the compensation of such incidents.
13. The lessor will not provide babysitting services, parents/guardians are responsible to look after children on board and their safety.
14. The company will remain the right to keep customer’s pictures as advertising usage.
15. Pictures of yachts on the website are only for reference purposes, if there are differences with the actual yacht, we will try our best to increase the picture qualities.
16. If there are weather changes or safety concerns, the pilot has the right to make decisions on safer routes and ashore at the pier.
17. If the Hong Kong Observatory issued a number one tropical cyclone warning or a red rainstorm warning signal prior to sailing, or the warning signals changed from a higher tropical cyclone warning to a number one tropical cyclone warning or a black/red rainstorm alert two hours prior to sailing, th yacht will still leave the dock as the scheduled time.
18. If a number three tropical cyclone warning or a black rainstorm signal is issued during the trip, according to the Hong Kong Shipping Ordinances and for safety reasons, the pilot has the right to return early, the remaining time will not be compensated.
19. If there is still a number three tropical cyclone or higher tropical cyclone signals two hours prior to sailing, or the black rainstorm signal, the trip on that day will be cancelled and the lessor will not do a refund. Please refer to the cancellations and rearrangements code under the Air Yacht Rental Policies.
21. If the lessee wished to cancel or make rearrangements, the lessee has to give a 14 day prior notice to the lessor. If the lessee’s original rental day is on a weekday, a reschedule can be made within the same year on a weekday, the validation period will be within half a year. If the lessee’s original rental day is on a weekend, a reschedule can be made within the same year on a weekday, the validation period will be within half a year. A reschedule could only be made once, and the yacht decided upon initially will not be changed. All rental documents has to be discussed and agreed upon with the lessor within two weeks, otherwise, all rights will be waived automatically. If the lessee did not give a 14 days prior notice, the lessor will not provide refunds or rearrangements.
21. If the Government’s recent epidemic prevention measures results in the inability to sail, a postponement has to be made within half a year, on a weekday, after the measures have been retracted. The lessor nor the company will not provide a refund or reschedule afterwards.
23. Food and beverage orders must be paid in full amount seven days prior to the rental date, once orders are confirmed, changes and cancellations would not be made, hence, the lessor will not make refunds. If the trip is cancelled or rescheduled, in place of the lessee, our company will reserve the food and drinks. If the food is made or due to other reasons, the lessee will still have to take the food and drinks on the scheduled rental date.
As a yacht sharing platform, Air Yacht Limited is a third party that coordinates and deals with yacht owners and customers’ rental affairs. If there are any serious accidents (eg. natural disasters) during the rental period, our company will serve as a coordinator to assist both parties to negotiate, but our company and the yacht owner do not have any legal responsibilities.
Air Yacht Limited’s service purpose is to provide a quality service, and a fair and compliant attitude towards our customers. We provide a safe route, professional analysis and values quality services as a goal, and we respect and uphold the Hong Kong Law.
According to the Hong Kong Shipping Ordinance, all rentals of local yachts are only for entertainment purposes, for any commercial purposes (selling of tickets) or carrying passengers are illegal. If there are any disputes, the company’s decision will be the final decision.